Monday, September 24, 2018

Glass Noodles Casserole (Miến xào trong nồi)

Hello all:
I hope this new post finds everyone well.  As for me, I have been swamped trying to finish my MLIS, and I have good news for you all.  I am completing my MLIS degree this Fall 2018.  During my educational career at the San Jose University, I have tried and executed a lot of new and exciting dishes for my meals. And in those time I wished I live with a family where I would not have to worry about the cooking; then I would have more time to focus on my studying. Believe me, there has been a lot of time that I did not have time to cook at all. Buying food from outsides is the only option left. After a few days, I could not take it anymore. 
Disclaimer: I recreated this dish base on a video that I saw on Youtube.  I personally did not have the chance to taste this dish when I traveled to Thailand in 2011; I would definitely give it a try if I saw it because from the pictures and the video, you all can see that this dish is amazingly mouthwatering, and not to mention it is so easy to make.  So here it is the recipe that I would like to share with you all on how to make this dish.  
My dish today was inspired by this video

Ingredients:
-1 bunch of glass noodles (see the picture,  I purchased this two bags of glass noodles from Costco at the time, and they were from Taiwan) (soaked the glass noodles in cold water 30 min., drain-well in a colander) 
-2/3 of one can of chicken broth
- About 5-6 prawns - big shrimps (clean, trim off the legs, and the tip of their head.  Devein the shrimps without taking out the shells.  If you are my followers and have read all my post, you would have remembered that trick, because I posted that trick a while back. The method is to use a small toothpick, insert the pointy end of the toothpick right in the middle of the back of the shrimp at a 45-degree angle, where the two parts of the shells overlapped, then point the toothpick up. Tere you will be able to pick the vein of the shrimp. From there you just pull it out with your hands. 
-1/2 teaspoon of salted soybeans (see pictures. Some of you might remember this product; I bought this salted soybeans from my Taiwan. (soaked in warm water for 2-4 min.  Take it out and chop it roughly)
-4 cloves of garlic (peeled and chopped roughly)
-Ginger (about 2 inches long-peeled and cut them into thin slices, see pictures) 
-2 to 3 stock of scallions. (washed and cut into 2 inches long)
-1 teaspoon of cooking oil.
-seasonings: such as soy sauce, Maggi, sea salt, black peppers.
-In a medium bowl, mix in the following ingredients: chicken broth, the chopped salted soybeans, a pinch of sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of Maggi, 1/2 teaspoon of black peppers. Mix well and put it aside until needed. 

Instructions:

-Place a medium saucepan on a stove top with high heat. When the saucepan is hot, drizzle in some cooking oil.  
-Next, place in the gingers, toss the ginger around until they are slightly cooked, translucent, place the shrimps and chopped garlic in, cooked each side of the shrimps for about 2 min., then take only the shrimps out. 
-Pour in the mixture sauce in.  Bring it to a boil, taste it, adjust the taste to your liking. You can if you want to add some sugar. I didn't do that because I did not see the need. 
-When the taste of the sauce is right, place the glass noodles, the scallions, and the shrimps back in. Make sure they are submerged in the sauce. 
-Cover the lid, low the heat, cook it for 2 min., then open the lid to turn the glass noodle around so make sure they are cooked evenly. 
-When the glass noodles are cooked, turn off the heat, use the cooking thong to stir the glass noodles around then transfer the shrimp glass noodles into a place and serve. Bon Appetit, everyone. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment

cookieplu@gmail.com